Monday, February 21, 2011

Feeling so Fly like a Kite

So I'm not sure if any of you have tried to battle the element of wind while trudging along with a 3 by 2 ft board and equally heavy/large pad of paper. But for those select few who have had to do such an impossible task, you may sympathize with me. We have this stretch of open walkway called Memory Mall (though there is nothing memorable nor "mall" about it) and it is unexplainably a natural wind tunnel. Often, when I have to make the great pilgrimage to the Art Studio, I come across this obstacle and my board, despite being as heavy as a grocery bag full of cans, catches the wind and proceeds to beat me up. I fear for the day when I am picked up by the wind and carried into the Gulf.


Sorry for the sketch but I wanted to get this up. When I showed this to my roomate she said "is that a monkey?" (about the last panel) 
Me: no.... :(


No comments: